Polo Festival 2018
2018 which is a haven for Eco-friendly nature lovers and the adventurous. Polo-one of the most ancient historical sites in Gujarat, is also unique for its picturesque surroundings, Forest & Mills serving as refuge for fascinating flora & fauna. It is a Bird Watcher’s Delight being a sanctuary for over 200 species of Rare Birds. It also is an abode for Jungle fowl and a host of other species which are yet grimly holding on to this last habitat.
Here the tourists can find the luxurious tented accommodation with authentic vegetarian food, local cultures like dance, songs, local handicrafts & arts, adventure activities like Cycling on track in forest, trekking trails, riverside walking, and camel & bullock cart so the local community or villagers or artists can get the remuneration from all these activities. Come, Stay and enjoy your holidays with green environment.
It is approx 150 km from Ahmedabad, 70 km from Himmatnagar and 120 km from Udaipur.
What to do?
Presently at Polo Campsite is a Nature Camps, people who love Trekking and Hiking should definitely stay at a place like this as it gives you a raw feel that a trekker would always want. The charges to stay at this place are super awesome and will drag you to visit Polo Utsav 2015-16.
The area is biologically rich in flora and fauna and the dense forests and river side provide an excellent opportunity to experience nature.
The area is surrounded with archeologically important Shiv Temple at Sarneshwar, Sadevant Savlings Deras, Surya Mandir, Lakhena Temple, Jain derasar, the ancient Polo Jain Nagri.
Harnav river, a small perennial stream, rocks & diversified flora and fauna, dense multistoried forests have been attraction to the visitors, tourists, Research scholars, students as well as natural lovers.
What to watch?
There are more than 450 species of medicinal plants, around 275 of birds, 30 of mammals, and 32 of reptiles.
There are bears, panthers, leopards, hyenas, water fowl, raptors, passerines, and flying squirrels (mostly heard, rarely seen), all living under a canopy of diverse plants and trees.
During winter, all manner of migratory birds occupy the forest; during the rainy season there are wetland birds.
- Administrative office
- Bell boy to assist you for luggage
- Twin sharing tented accommodation with attached bath and toilet facilities
- Separate Kitchen & Dining places for breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Beautifully, Well-Designed camp site for daily cultural programs
- Area for Campfire
- Help Desk for Housekeeping, other excursions
Points to remember
- Campsites use electricity which is generated by using solar energy, hence please use it responsibly. Save water, electricity, and plantation…..
- Do not disturb the animals during day time as most of the nocturnal animals sleep during day time.
- Do not try to irritate the animals or make them angry by teasing them.
- No smoking
- No flash or intrusive photography
- Do not carries any music system or sound making device along with you and remember to keep them switched off if you are driving around.
- Picking plants or insects is prohibited in any area; do not remove anything from the parks or sanctuaries.
- Do not indulge in any quick or sudden movements to scare off wildlife.
- Do not try going too close to the animals.
- No pets should accompany you.
So.........what are you waiting for??? Enjoy your holidays and weekends at polo forest
with your friends and family, Have a Pleasant Stay at Forest, Vijaynagar polo forest hotel. Awesome experience to stay at Forest tent, Polo festival, polo forest himmatnagar, Polo Festival Vijayanagar. Check polo forest map and stay at polo forest hotel, polo forest resort Gujarat and celebrate picnic place in Gujarat, India....... For Booking, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org